The DEANZ blog has been taking a sabbatical for awhile but is now back with a refreshed look and a line up of members ready to contribute. Because there are so many things that you just can’t say in a tweet!
Make sure you add us to your news feed reader, subscribe, follow us on twitter AND contact us to make your guest contribution.
To those who are new to DEANZ here is an overview to update you:
DEANZ Is committed to fostering growth, development, research and good practice in open, flexible, and distance learning. DEANZ provides opportunities for it’s members to:
- DEANZ events, including our upcoming ‘Hot Topic’ online seminars & Virtual Conference.
- Bi-annual conferences (next in 2016) – discounted rates for members.
- DEANZ Award – promoting and rewarding excellence in e-learning, open, flexible, and distance learning
- Access our members’ list of like-minded professionals.
- Maintains an active social media presence #deanz @DEANZconnect
- Regular newsletter updates of things happening in your profession, nationally and internationally.
- A bi-annual magazine, describing DEANZ-related activities in detail.
- Journal of open, flexible, and distance learning – our open online journal.
- DEANZ listserv
- Advocates on matters relevant to open, flexible, and distance learning in New Zealand, such as participation in TERG, contribution to the eLearning Guidelines.
- Establishes and maintains links with the international distance education community.
- Develops professional resources such as 2016 Scenario Guide & Orientation to Online, Flexible and Distance Learning;
- Promotes discussion, dissemination of research; and identifies key areas needed for research and development in open, flexible, and distance learning.