While this is an Aussie based list (originally) we are still a victim of a northern hemisphere-centric view of the world. In New Zealand, this is spring. Actually it starts in September. And while this is a course, I’d hope it does not turn out to be like one.
Topics: (Obviously subject to change)
- Week 1: What is Connectivism?
- Week 2: Rethinking epistemology: Connective knowledge
- Week 3: Properties of Networks
- Week 4: History of networked learning
- Week 5: Connectives and Collectives: Distinctions between networks and groups
- Week 6: Complexity, Chaos and Research
- Week 7: Instructional design and connectivism
- Week 8: Power, control, validity, and authority in distributed environments
- Week 9: What becomes of the teacher? New roles for educators
- Week 10: Openness: social change and future directions
- Week 11: Systemic change: How do institutions respond?
- Week 12: The Future of Connectivism
I’ve decided to have a little fun with this. I’d like to see if anyone is interested in forming a learning cell as part of this course: either a NZ based (second preference) or Christchurch based (First preference, F2F included, at MCB http://www.madrascafebooks.co.nz or Cafe 101 etc) Feel free to let me know. derekdotchirnsideatgmaildotcom